Reunions & Social Groups: Time for (old) friends
Tasked with organizing a college or other reunion? Need to organize an event for your service organization of social group? Admit it: you really don't want another meeting in some banquet hall. You and your friends would rather do something that is actually fun.
But let's face it: you are too busy to spend hours trying to organize it all. That's why you should let Cruise Holidays plan your event. We'll do the hard work (and make the organizing committee look good) and you can enjoy yourself!
- The multitude of activities and spots to socialize on a cruise ship encourages the camaraderie that makes group travel so enjoyable.
- Nobody will be bored. Whatever your group members fancy, there is something for everyone. Be as active as you like: enjoy rock climbing walls, ice skating rinks, dancing, swimming, scuba diving and fantastic fitness centers. Relax in the pool or spa. Or expand your horizons: enjoy interesting lectures and art classes or learn a new skill.
- Even the best of friends sometimes need some "quiet time". On a cruise ship, you'll have plenty of opportunity to spend time together, but also be able to spend time apart when you prefer.
- And take the opportunity to reconnect with your significant other: a romantic dinner, a glass of wine, or that rare luxury in today's busy world: a chance to sleep in.
Options, Options, Options
- With over 150 ships and thousands of itineraries and sailings, you need an expert to make sure that you pick the right trip.
- Cruise ships vary from floating mega-resorts to exclusive yachts, from charming river boats to luxury sailing vessels.
- Group members with special needs will enjoy the security and facilities that modern ships offer.
- With over 15 "home ports" in North America, a cruise is within driving distance of many travelers. And with such a wide range of departure cities, you never have to fly very far if you don't want to.
- Cruises vary in length from three days to three months and sail to all continents - options abound!
- Do you need meeting space? A place to get together? Most ships offer various options for your meetings and your Cruise Holidays experts can help you plan ahead.
- Any kids in your group? Many cruise lines employ crew members specifically to entertain children - and to ensure that drinking ages, adult-only zones and other restrictions are respected, so parents can relax.
- A large variety of dining options ensures that something will be available for even the pickiest eater.
- Special dietary needs? Your ship's chef is ready for the challenge!
- In a banquet hall, you need to spend time planning menus, come up with themes, worry about decorations. On a cruise ship, excellent meals are already included!
- A cruise is more affordable than you think: your cruise fare includes accommodation, meals, entertainment, use of fitness facilities, swimming pools and of course the transportation between the various ports of call.
- Group members can choose from a large variety of accommodation depending on their budget or needs, while still enjoying the same restaurants, facilities and entertainment.
- Don't get caught in the middle: rather than chase everybody for payments and ensuring that bills are paid, don't worry about the finances. We will work with the cruise line and your group members to ensure everybody's trip (and bills) are taken care off in time.
- Your trip will be largely pre-paid, which means that you'll have no budgetary surprises. With plenty of lead-time, your group members can save and pay for their cruise far in advance.
- Even when traveling overseas, your pricing will be in US Dollars, so no need to worry about exchange differences.
- Depending on the number of guests in your group, you might be entitled to a free cruise for one or more members.
- We will negotiate with the cruise line on your behalf to get amenities only available to group members. For example, you might enjoy a free upgrade, wine or chocolates in the stateroom, a cocktail party, a casino credit or other amenities.
What you should keep in mind
- Book early: the number and type of amenities offered vary based on how busy a particular sailing is expected to be. The best rates, best located staterooms and amenities are available far in advance. We suggest you start booking your group cruise as soon as you can and ideally at least one year in advance. But if you have last-minute plans, still give us a call, as we might be able to assist regardless.
- Full payment for your cruise is usually required about 60-70 days before your departure, or 90 days for holiday cruises.
- Group size: if your group falls below the minimum required number of guests, the cruise lines may cut back on all or some of the amenities offered.
- Name changes: if one of your group members can no longer travel, you can often still substitute another group member. The cruise lines might charge a service fee for such a name change.
Interested? Give our group specialists a call to discuss your options: (312) 266 7447 or toll-free (888) 744 7397.